Teradata Studio Express

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express

Syed, Is the preferences for loading lists in the DSE using the V or VX views or custom view?

Enthusiast

Hi,

It's both V and custom views.

Syed.

Enthusiast

Also, surprise to see that when the following error message is recieved,  Querylog shows that there is no object referred from DBC (like DBC.Tables). All the error messages from Querylog seems very much like this.

Error Message:

Syntax error, expected something like a name or a Unicode delimited identifier or an 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword or '(' between the 'FROM' keyword and the 'WHERE' keyword.

Query from Querylog:

SELECT TableName, TRIM (TableKind) AS TableKind, TRIM (CommentString) AS CommentString FROM  WHERE DatabaseName= ? AND (TableKind IN ('T', 'O', 'V') ) ORDER BY TableName

Syed.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have rechecked the prefrences. I have done the changes and the issue is now resolved. Thanks for the hint.

Really appreciated.

Thanks,

Syed.

Teradata Employee

Syed, We are using parameterized query so the FROM table/view is replaced at runtime, based on your preference setting. Is there another query in the querylog that shows the replacement? What was the preference set to, just curious. If you chose Custom, then it must be a table or view that matches the definition as, for example, TablesV or DatabasesV.  The custom option is for possible staging table/view.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have installed this teradata studio in my office machine for project work. My colleague is having BTEQ,Fastexport utilities in his studio but I am unable to find them in my machine. Kindly help.Version is 14.10 both have same versions but I am unable to see them.

Thanks

Madhu

Teradata Employee

Madhu, Studio does not include BTEQ. It does use JDBC FastExport for data transfer. It may be that you are looking for Teradata TTU Client tools to be installed? You can access these from your Teradata install media or download from the Teradata TSS Patch Server.

Teradata Employee

Madhu, For Teradata tables that are over 100,000 rows, Studio and Studio Express will use the JDBC Fast Export option, otherwise, JDBC Batch will be used when the Export Data option is selected. From the Data Source Explorer, navigate to a table in either Aster or Teradata, right click and choose Data>Export Data... option. Do you see this option?

BTW, the screen shot was not attached.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

thanks for the info Fgrimmer....