Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

@azzolij, Teradata Studio 14.10 is available for download on the DevX Download link.

Teradata Employee

I am taking advantage of the new hierarchical view of the Data Source Explorer in Studio 14.10 (option "Show Databases and User in Hierarchical Display" is checked).

If I then use the SQL Query Builder and try to Add Table, it only lists the databases/users in the top level of my hierarchy.

Is this a bug or do I need to set another option to get the hierarchy to work there as well?

thanks and regards,

Paul

Teradata Employee

@DFJoe, This looks like a bug. Can you open an incident on this and we will get a fix for it. In the meantime, you should uncheck the Show as hierarchy option to see the full list. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am getting the following error trying to execute a sql statement in Studio Express:

Failed [3996 : HY000] Right truncation of string data.

I can run the statement in SQL Assistant with no problems but we are in the process of switching to Studio Express.  Is there some parameter I need to set for larger queries?

Thank you for your help

Not applicable

Do we have any client tool for teradata which is like SQL server management studio for SQLServer, SQL Navigator for Oracle, where table and column names will be prompted immediately after using table alias in select or where clause in select queries.

i.e. select * from table t where t.<<prompts all columns for the table>>

I tried to use studio express & Teradata SQL Assitant and I am not able to find the option to do this. Everytime I need to navigate the tables and columns in database.

Please need your help.

THanks!!

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

@cburk001c, The issues is likely the TMODE setting. In SQLA, the default TMODE is set to TERA and with Studio Express it is set to the recommended default of ANSI. With ANSI mode, the sting is not truncated and the error is returned. You can change the SQL by using the SUBSTRING function to prevent such errors or you can change your TMODE setting for your connection profile to TERA so it will truncate the values. The change the connection profile, right click on the connection profile in the Data Source Explorer, choose the Properties menu option, then Teradata JDBC Connection Properties. Then click the Add.. button and add the TMODE=TERA to replace the TMODE-ANSI property.

Teradata Employee

I can't answer for SQL Assistant but Studio parser does not recognize aliases for content assist.

Thank you - changing the TMODE worked.

Hi there. I have installed Studio Express 14.2 but I dont have the Smart Load wizard, how do I get this installed ?

Teradata Employee

In our 14.02, the Smart Load Wizard is only available for Data Lab. Download our 14.10 release of Studio where it is available for all Teradata Databases.