Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

Jim, Teradata Studio Express uses JDBC to connect to the database. You can still connect to SQL Server but need to use their JDBC driver to connect from Teradata Studio Express. There is a Generic JDBC interface that may work with Sybase and its JDBC driver. ODBC can still be used with other client tools. As for 32-bit or 64-bit, this refers to the application not the connection. Which version of Studio Express did you install. You can check which version of Java it is going to use by opening a DOS window and running java -version.

Enthusiast

Hi ,

I would like share my issue which is currently facing in Teradata parallel transporter script in Z/Os. I am having the TPT job for loading file data into table but the file volume is high.

i am using the DATA CONNECTOR AS PRODUCER to read the file. i gave producer instance as 2 but it is taking 1 instance to read file.

Like , Instance 1 Reading file 'DD:PTYIN'. i have used the attribute MultipeReaders='Y' but the TPT job got disconnecting while acqusition phase.

Kindly help on this !!

Thanks  in advance .

Teradata Employee

Arun, Please redirect your post to the Tools Forum so someone familiar with TPT can respond. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Thank you very much !

Not applicable

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/error-2738-could-not-access-vbscript-run-time-for/1a4499ae-8bc1-4534-9c6f-4d399ac70d9a

@nshah54 - I was having a similar error as you in a Win7x64 environment when attempting to install the 64-bit version.  I decided to then try the 32-bit version and received an error similar to "Error 2738 could not access VBScript run time for custom action".  I searched the internet and found a forum discussion on this at the link in this post.  The fix referenced by EmilyF resolved the issue for me, with my 64-bit installation and I was able to also launch the application.  I've had a similar issue with another development application on this same system and am hopeful it may also address it, as the behavior is very similar (i.e. installation fails or quits near the beginning of the install process with limited diagnostic information).

Teradata Employee

John, Thanks for the link!

Not applicable

Do the same license terms apply to all products? I.e. does Studio require a different license from Studio Express?

Teradata Employee

Adrian, Both Studio and Studio Express have the same download license.

Enthusiast

Don't we have any teradata tool,that  will execute stored procedures with out installing  C/C++/VC++ compilers externally?..

because teradata is releasing hell lot of versions month over month..

But none of the tools are inbuilt  C/C++/VC++ compilers and executing Stored Procs without  any issues?.. 

Teradata Employee

Kurmarao, With Teradata Studio or Studio Express, you can execute (Run... menu option) C/C++/VC++ stored procedures. But we don't include compilers for C/C++/VC++. You must build them and load outside the tool. That functionality is on our list of future features but currently low priority.

We do provide tools to help build and load Java stored procedures as part of our Teradata Plugin for Eclipse product.