Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

@mzs, There is not a limit that we are aware of for SQL statements. Also, there is no plan to add Find/Replace to the right click menu. We can consider this for future enhancements.

The Help Contents is not a modal window. You can bring up Help (Help>Help Contents), which opens in a separate window, and return focus to your Studio or Studio Express window. How did you invoke the Help?

mzs
Enthusiast

I invoked Help from New Driver Definition bottom left corner "?". Actually, the entire form is modal, but most likely it is intentional.  I tried to create connection to MS SQL Server, so I opened "New Connection Profile --> New Driver Definition", so I opened Help, and tried to follow the steps described, so I tried to go to "Window --> Preferences", and found I have to close "New Driver Definition" form first. 

What would be the cause of "Parse Error splitting statement" if there are no limitations on the length of the script?  I was trying to execute our production script which has around 10000 lines and would create 85 stored procedures. 

Teradata Employee

The Connection profile dialog is modal. You can bring up a separate Help window from the top Help>Help Content. It contains all of the help files. You can enter a search string for find what you need help with.

Because you are executing DDL as individual statements, it will try to split the SQL into its individual SQL statements. The "Parse Error splitting statement" means that there is an error in the SQL when it tries to split. Are you seeing a red 'X' or hash mark in the right hand margin?

mzs
Enthusiast

There were no red 'X' or other marks, but it was my fault - there was an obsolete object in a script.

I tried to create just one procedure - and the only way I was able to do that is to highlight the text of entire procedure and then right-click and select "Execute Selected Text".  If I did not highlight the entire script (which is the only thing in SQL window) , I would get an error, because there is only one option enabled - "Execute Current Text".  Unless I am not doing something right, I see combination of two separate tools, SQL Assistant and TD Adminstrator, as a much better alternative for now. The only option in TD Studio absent in the former - is "Compare Objects". 

Teradata Employee

Does Teradata Studio Express include Fastload?

Teradata Employee

@mcetraro,it uses JDBC Fastload when loading large amounts of data for table loads. 

Is there a link to the license of Teradata Studio?

Teradata Employee

The license is available on the download page.

Teradata Employee

Is Teradata Studios able to use an ODBC connection?  Everything that I've read only point to JDBC connections.  I'm looking for a tool that I can connect to a TD14 ODBC 64bit.  If not, do you know if a tool that can be used with ODBC 64 bit?

Teradata Employee

No, Teradata Studio just supports JDBC. I am not aware of any.