Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio products - choosing the right client tool

@anhngo56, What is the error you are getting when running the query?

Teradata Employee

The number of parameters in the SQL doesn't match the number of parameters reported by the database.

This makes it impossible to match the parameters to the individual statements.

Please use one of the other Execute operations.

Teradata Employee

@anhngo56, The problem is that we don't have a parser for Aster and so the question mark is mistaken for a parameterized query. When I tried the same query on my 14.10.01 Studio, I got a different error message, with an option to "continue processing the SQL with an unparameterized handler."

I cannot install Teradat Studio 14.10.01. It gives error after Java file location it comes error "The wizard was interrupted before Teradata Studio could be completed install.

Please help.

Thanks,

Teradata Employee

I have sent your issue to our install team. I hope to hear back soon. I am assuming you tried a second time to see if it was just a timing issue?

Teradata Employee

@nshah54, Can you paste the contents of the log file, %TEMP%\STUDIO.log, available under %TEMP% folder so we can see what went wrong. thanks.

Teradata Employee

sri.aue - I just saw your question about dropdown column name lists after an alias.

SQL Assistant does display column lists after you type an alias name followed by a period. 

However, if you are using the comma separated table/view names in the From clause (as opposed to the 'Join ... On' syntax) it has a problem picking up the last table and alias name in that From clause.

In order to force it to pick that last item up you need to do one of the following:

- Type another comma and then backspace to remove it

- Press Ctrl+Shift+Space after typing the alias name

- continue typing the Where clause after the From.

(You just need to type the Where keyword and the following space) 

Any of these should make it pick up the table name and the alias - and then that alias can be used to get the column names.

This is krishna....cn you pls let me know how to create Teradata 14.0 express studio  new connection profile.......

Teradata Employee

Krishna, Follow the steps in the Studio Express article, http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/teradata-studio-express, section Creating Connections.

Not applicable

I just had my PC replaced by our PC shop, got updated to Windows 7, and updated to Teradata 14.10 (with Studio Express). Lots new to me.

I got my Studio Express to connect to our Teradata data warehouse, but I also used to use  the Teradata front end to connect to a SQL Server database (which I can't get to connect now), and also to one of the corporate Sybase databases (which don't connect any more).

Judging from your comments in May and June, it sounds like my long-faithful ODBC connections won't be there any more.

However, in other places in this Teradata Developer site I see discussions about ODBC.  Is that just to connect to a Teradata database from a different front end tool?

Also, how do I know when I'm using a 32-bit or a 64-bit program or connection?

Thanks.  Jim