Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

Ashwin, What version of Teradata Studio are you running? In our latest version we have several different load options, which could speed up the display, such as load only users, or load only databases with perm space. If your database is unresponsive, you could cache databases (schemas) and also speed up the display.

Enthusiast

We are using Version: 14.02.0.201302060329

I sugested to use filter on schemas option is this different than Load only options?

Does this version has this load only option? I tried to use this cache option but this is bit hard since i can't use the filter if i use cache.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Our current version is 15.00. We added the Data Source Explorer load options in 14.10. You can set a filter on the Schemas folder which will reduce the schemas loaded, either select just the schemas you want to load or filter out certain schemas.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi fgrimmer,

Thank you very much for your quick responce.

The user also experiencing system hangs very often w/ TD studio and connection taking very long time and for basic nevigation tasks in Teradata studio! 

Please suggest on this.

Thank you!

Teradata Employee

Is the Preference to use the ViewsVX set? If so, these views are much slower than the V views. YOu can check the Preferences>Teradata Datatools Preferences page. The default is to use the V Views. XV views are used to restrict showing objects the user does not have access to.

What are they doing when they experince system hangs?

Enthusiast

The preference is not ViewsVX. We are using the default V Views is this faster than Views VX?

I have a meeting tomorrow i will get more updates from user and let you know what they are doing when system get hangs and other issues exactely what they are facing.

Thank you!

Enthusiast

Hi fgrimmer,

I see the user is experiencing very slowness on almost all the tasks on his machine.

Like some basic task to load table list taking longer time and icons appearing very slow.

His machine is windows XP. I am running on Win 7 I don’t have this issues.

Could you please suggest on this.

Thank you.

Teradata Employee

Could it be their network connection or memory on the system?

Enthusiast

Hi fgrimmer,

Yes looks like this is memory issue also planning to update the version.

Thank you very much this helps me a lot!

Teradata Employee

I've installed TD Studio v14.10.01, and I want to work with 'Compare Objects' functionality.  Following the instructions on the page further up, upon right-clicking my database object in the Data Source Explorer, selecting Teradata, there is no "Compare with" option.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan M.