Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

Hi Francine

Is possible to re-run a load table task?

As we have two database servers one for production and other for development, we usually get data between Servers.

I used to create TPTs jobs with the TPT Wizard, but now I use the load option form the Studio. The issue is that each time I have to transfer data I have to create the transference.

It's not a hard work, but could be easier if I could use the one I created before.
Teradata Employee

Marcos, Yes. Switch to the Data Transfer perspective in Studio and in the Transfer History there should be an entry for your load table job. Select that entry and there is a 're-execute' toolbar option to rerun the job. Make sure your connection profile is connected and the database and table exists.

I can not run data transfer between 2 tables in 2 different teradata connections.

In function [Data transfer wizard]:

When I choose "Destination Type" is "Teradata" nothing can run.

But when I choose "Destination Type" is "External file", I can export data to file.

Please help me because I need to transfer data between 2 teradata connections.

Teradata Employee

Dennis, If you are using 15.10.00.03, there is a bug when copying from Teradata to Teradata. This has been fixed. To workaround this issue, you would need to select your table in the source Teradata system and copy to External File. Then in your Destination Teradata system, use the Data Transfer wizard to launch Smart Loader and create the new table and load the data. If the destination table already exists, then use the Data Transfer wizard to load data from the external file.

I know the way you said. But now, I can not use function "transfer data from teradata to teradata", this bug has been fixed as you said, but I need to wait for next version, is it right ? ^^

Teradata Employee

Dennis, Yes, if you are using 15.10.00.03 and hit the "copy object between Teradata systems" problem, you will need to wait for the fix or use the steps above as a workaround.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

My team is looking at packaging 15.10.00.03 for our users.  I thought I had seen a note with 15.10.00.01 that there was a potential for Studio to hang when trying to cancel a query in Aster.  Has this been resolved?  I could not find anythign specific in the release notes for 15.10.00.03.

Teradata Employee

Brad, The Aster Cancel issue was resolved in in our 15.10.00.02 patch release. We are also working on a 15.10.00.04 patch release, due out by end of this week, to resolve a Studio copy object issue. If you are using the Studio copy object feature then I would recommend to waiting for this release.

Hi,

In Administrators perspective is there a way to change formmating of cels with big values etc. Current Perm not to display it in scientific notation?

Teradata Employee

Are you referring to the cells in the Result Set Viewer?