Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

The OS versions are listed in the Readme on the Download page. As for memory requirements, it will run with 2 GB but we recommend at least 4 GB.

Teradata Employee

Hello,is there some way to deal with the Chinese ? Like this 'È«Ê¡Ó¯ÀûÄ£¿é'.

UTF-8 and ASCII are all not useful.

Teradata Employee

@gs186012, In what way are you having trouble with Chinese? Database object names? Data in columns? Character set used in the connection with Teradata? What does "UTF-8 and ASCII are all not useful" mean?

Teradata Employee

Sorry, I am not clearly explaining this .  I connected Teradata with 'CHERSET=UTF-8' or ASCII , but when I  select * from tabe ,the data in columns of Chinese is like this 'È«Ê¡Ó¯ÀûÄ£¿é'. the right result need to be '你好'.

and I also modify the menu Window--Preference--General--Workspace Text file encoding from GBK to UTF-8,but is not useful.

Does the studio support Chinese code?

Thank u!

Teradata Employee

@gs186012, I've created a table with a column whose definition is VARCHAR(399) CHARACTER SET UNICODE CASESPECIFIC. When I connect with CHARSET=UTF8, I am able to store the '你好' characters into the column and display them in the  Result Set Viewer when I query the table.

I have a system where the Java installation does not include support for Chinese characters. When I query the table with Studio running on that system, the Chinese characters are displayed as boxes (Java's way of indicating that characters cannot be displayed). I can copy the data from the result set viewer and paste into an application that does have Chinese support and the correct characters are displayed.

If you have connected with CHARSET=ASCII and done any of the insert or query operations with the Chinese characters, the operation will either fail with a message saying there are untranslatable characters or will result in garbage (because the Chinese characters cannot be encoded in ASCII).

The column that you are putting the Chinese characters is defined with CHARACTER SET UNICODE, isn't it?

The Workspace Text file encoding preference will come into play only when the results are stored to a workspace file, not in the initial display in the Result Set View. If you store the results to a workspace file after setting the Workspace Text file encoding to a value that doesn't support Chinese characters, the resulting text file WILL contain garbage because the Chinese characters can't be represented in the chosen encoding. Is that what might be going on?

Teradata Employee

Thank u!

"The column that you are putting the Chinese characters is defined with CHARACTER SET UNICODE, isn't it?"

we use Latin when creat table. like this REGION_CODE CHAR(2) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC TITLE '地市代码',

I connect the same DB with Teradata SQL Assistant (ASCII) , it's ok.

But when I use Studio connect with ASCII,it's not correct and if use Latin the software will alert 

Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.18] [Error 1011] [SQLState HY000] Session character set not supported by DBMS: LATIN1252_0A)

There is the different,is the Studio need to do something?

Teradata Employee

I've tried selecting LATIN1252_0A as my CHARSET value in the connection profile's JDBC Connection Properties and I get the Session character set not supported by DBMS message. I get a similar message when I try connecting with that session character set with BTEQ. The database system I'm using (and apparently yours) just doesn't support that value for the session character set.

Studio uses JDBC to connect to Teradata. Results provided by JDBC don't involve the TITLE clause of the column. That is a record reporting clause used by tools such as BTEQ. So the title value should not be a cause of problems in receiving results from that column.

If you set your connection profile's CHARSET to the default value of UTF8, what kinds of issues do you have. You certainly can't store the Chinese characters in the REGION_CODE column since it holds LATIN characters.

Is there a Generate DDL option for Aster tables  / views ?

Teradata Employee

Not currently. We are working on this feature for our next relese.

Is there a database/tables that can be queried to search for columns in tables, views, etc., as DBC is in Teradata ?