Transitioning from SQL Assistant to Studio Express

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Transitioning from SQL Assistant to Studio Express

Dennis, You can get the OUT parameters for a stored procedure by running it from the Data Source Explorer Run option for stored procedures. Locate the stored procedure in the DSE, right click and choose Run.

Thanks for the quick response. Now at least there is a way to run them, but I am wondering if there is any way to run it from Query Development so we dont have to drill through data source explorer to find the procedure. It is simpler/quicker for us to simply type call user_working.test('hello') to run our sp.

Thanks again for your help

Dennis

Teradata Employee

Dennis, We have an issue opened to resolve this problem in a future release.

Ambassador

I've recently found this and have started to use it.

Having used SQLA for @15 years, I am finding this article very useful.

Cheers, Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Not applicable

Hello All,

Can any one help to download the SQLA tool to connect the teradata instance from external connection. Please provide the link to download for windows server.

Thx

______

Teradata Employee

Krishna, I believe SQLA is only available from the Teradata Patch Server as part of TTU install.

Teradata Employee

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and find this is a great place to post questions and share idea. I have some quesitons about posting on this website.

First, I am wondering how can I post my own question here instead of commenting other posts?

Second, I am currently using Tearadata Warehouse Miner. When I try to run analysis like: descriptive analysis, regression. It always shows the error message: No more room in database "my user id". I am wondering if I can solve the issue.

Your kind help is highly appreciated!

Best,

Yang

Teradata Employee

Yang, Please post your question to the Tools Forum (http://forums.teradata.com/forum/tools). In the Forum site, you can open a new Topic that will just be for your question.

Teradata Employee

Thank you so much! :)

Enthusiast

Very infomative arcticle .Thanks for sharing. One question for you

Is there any way to control - Max Display Row Count on users machine? Scenerio is that I want only 2000 rows to dispaly for all answerset for certain set of users. Is there any plugin or API which can be applied while installing SQL Assistant or Studio Express which can force this limit?