What's new in Teradata SQL Assistant 14.01

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.

Re: What's new in Teradata SQL Assistant 14.01

sorry, i know why, because i use odbc to connect database.
Editing Table Data
The following steps explain how to directly edit the data in a table or simple view.
Note: This functionality is not available when connected via ODBC.
Enthusiast

How can I save my configuration settings (colors/font/settings in option menu) so that I don't have to always set them manually when moving to a new computer etc?
Teradata Employee

Most settings are saved in a file called UserOptions.config.

Other config files contain Menu/Toolbar customizations, Data Sources, and Location/State of the Database Explorer and Favorites panes.

If you persist the Explorer Tree data that is stored in DBTree.data.

These files are all stored in:
\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Teradata\SQL Assistant

or on Windows 7:
\Users\\Application Data\Teradata\SQL Assistant

(There may be a 'Roaming' level in there too)
Enthusiast

is this an upgrade from sql assist 13.11 or this is the java edition. i am using 13.11 right now. where is the link for me to download
Teradata Employee

This is an upgrade from SQL Assistant 13.11.
The java version has been renamed Teradata Studio Express in order to avoid confusion.

You can download it from the Teradata Software Server. This will require a T@YS id.

The first efix (14.01.0.1) will be available in a few days so you may want to wait for that in order to avoid an update later.
kw
Enthusiast

Will the efix address the problem I came across today where a comment at the end of a SQL statement causes SQLA 14.01 to hang, using CPU while it is trying to finish a valid statement ?

Example of SQL statement causing error :

SELECT * FROM DBC.DBCINFO; -- comment
Teradata Employee

Yes.
This was caused by the change to display the entire query while running only part of it.
We no longer trim whitespace from each statement but forgot to check for whitespace at the start of a statement that is effectively null. (the comment)
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Mike,I cannot find the  sql assistant download package  under the teradata client tab. There are fload, mulitload and some other packages.

Please guide.

Teradata Employee

SQL Assistant is not available for download from the Developer Exchange.

You will need to download it from T@YS download page.

The product is listed there as 'SQLA' and the latest version is 14.10.0.x.

(But you can still download 14.01 or 13.11 versions also if you select 14/13.10 TTU version)

Enthusiast

how do you delete queries from the favorites section in SQLA 14.10.0.02.