iBatis DAO with Web Services Wizard

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: iBatis DAO with Web Services Wizard

Since I wrote this article, I am going to suggest iBatis or MyBatis. The Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse provides iBatis Wizards which will create a Data Access Layer for you. The iBatis SQL Map wizard will wrap your queries into a XML iBatis Map. Then you can use the iBatis DAO with Web Services Wizard to create a Data Access Layer from your iBatis Map. The following link lists all of the iBatis Wizards with instructional articles for the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse.

http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/getting-started-with-teradata-plug-in-for-eclipse

If you have specific questions about Hibernate, submit these questions to the tools forum.
Teradata Employee

TERADATA USER GROUP -- WEB SERVICE DEMO

http://developer.teradata.com/services/tug-demo/Mobile.jsp
Enthusiast

When launching "create a DAO" from the XML file generated, in your case EmployeeMapping.xml, I get the following Error (which is a long exception message but starts with following.) I have also tried using the "combined" wizard of creating ibatis mapping from SQL and selecting check box to launch create web service wizard which also ends up in the same message. All jars mentioned in the exception are present in my eclipse installation.

.. Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR javabean - DTS0566: Unable to parse
iBatis XML SQL map file
com.teradata.datatools.util.xml.ParseIBatisException: Error Accessing iBatis Des
criptor:mybatis.org
at com.teradata.datatools.util.xml.ParseIBatisDescriptor.getDomDoc(Parse
IBatisDescriptor.java:126) ~[com.teradata.datatools.util.db_14.1.0.201206111039.
jar:na]
at com.teradata.datatools.util.xml.ParseIBatisDescriptor.(ParseIBa
tisDescriptor.java:89) ~[com.teradata.datatools.util.db_14.1.0.201206111039.jar:
na]
at com.teradata.datatools.javabean.generate.GenerateIBatisSpringDAO.pars
eIBatisFile(GenerateIBatisSpringDAO.java:302) ~[com.teradata.datatools.javabean_
14.1.0.201206111039.jar:na]
Teradata Employee

I cannot reproduce your problem. I see that you are using 14.1. You may want to upgrade to our latest 14.2 release for Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse. What release of Eclipse are you using? What JDK are you using? Did you use MyBatis or iBatis?
Enthusiast

I am using eclipse 3.7.2 with JDK compliance level 1.5 and MyBatis. I generated the XML file using instructions on the generating domain objects and mapping using the teradata plugin 14.1. It semi worked for me just once when I was able to create the web services artifacts from the XML file which at the end didn't quite work well due to other axis issues. Hence I removed the whole project and started from scratch again changing nothing in the SQL or generated XML file. Is there a way to reinstall the 14.1, the 'eclipse install' link for 14.1. no longer seems to work? Is 14.2 backward compatible so it would work with UDF's and stored proc's generated using 14.1 and is eclipse 4.x a mandatory requirement for 14.2 plugin?
Teradata Employee

We are at the next release so this is what is currently being supported. Your UDFs and Stored Procedures should work fine with 14.02. The instructions for installing the new release are in the following article:
http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/getting-started-with-teradata-plug-in-for-eclipse
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am not able to get the iBatis DAO with Web Services Wizard to work... it's getting some jar error. I could not find an upgraded version with the 15/16 so had to download the old 14 version and slowly update keeping the spring files intact to version 3. I noticed spring also had been upgraded to a very higer version and they no longer support version 3.  Any idea where to get the most latest and working Eclipse extension with the proper spring release package?  Thank you

Tags (3)