Regarding Certification Exams - Pass %

Training
Enthusiast

Re: Regarding Certification Exams - Pass %

Hi Srinithy,

I replied to the subject in this link  http://forums.teradata.com/forum/training/terdata-certification-in-india

Cheers,

Raja

Junior Supporter

Hi Srinithy,

Most of the info is available at the Teradata certification website. You can check the price of each exam by vsisting the prometric website.

http://prometric.com/en-us/clients/teradata

The sequence you can follow is 

TE0-141

TE0-142

TE0-143

once you have completed these exams, after that you can take exam in any sequence and the last exam is Teradata 14 Comprehencive master.

You should attempt TD-14 exams, as the TD-12 exams will expire in near future.

Further the best way to prepare exams is to read Web based trainings from Teradata university.

For the TD-14 basics exam there is a WBT Introduction to Teradata.

Khurram
Enthusiast

Hi Saeed,

Can you please share the URL for web based trainings of Teradata University?

Google did not take me the correct URL.

Thanks!!!

ashok

Junior Supporter

Ashok,

Basically TD University is available for Teradata employees only. I guess you will have to contact your IT department to get info or access to that portal. Are you an employee of teradata?

Khurram
Enthusiast

No Saeed. I am not an employee of Teradata. Recently i have been preparing for the TD14 exams and wanted to get information on best sources of materials for preparation of these exams.  How good  is the book Teradata 14 Certification study guide - Basic by  Eric Rivard & Steve Wilmes.

Is it really advisable to read this book for the preparation ? Can you provide an insight on this?

Thanks!!

Junior Supporter

Ashok,

I have heard that is a good book, You will have to purchase that. But if you are not an employee of Teradata or have not worked on Teradata then whats the benifit of certification?

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thanks Saeed..

sorry for not being so precise in my previous comment. I am not an employee of Teradata. But i do work in Teradata BTEQ's and few other utilities. That's the reason , i wish to take up the certification...

Junior Supporter

Ashoke, 

Thats great, if you are working on a client side then I think there should be a proper way to get all that material. You can discuss it with your manager, he will surely guide you how you can accomplish this :)

Khurram

Hi,

I am planning to do the TE-14- basic certification, i have a good knowledge in  TERADATA but i don't have any realtime experience in TERADATA. can you please suggest me is that mandatory to have a realtime experience to do the certification. please suggest me any websites providing mock test for teradata certification.

I am currently working on testing stream, i want to improve my knowledge in teradata.That's the reason for i am preparing for the teradata certification in future i want to shift to TERADATA development side, so at that time it will be useful for me.

Thanks,

bhanu prakash

Enthusiast

You can go for an exam. You can get loads of materials like :

http://www.info.teradata.com/HTMLPubs/DB_TTU_14_00/