Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

How do we get the Data Labs portlet?
Enthusiast

Hi, its been a while since posting and my respect for viewpoint has grown in leaps and bounds with almost every release. Yesterday was a blend of rewind, heatmaps and good old fashioned investigation whereas today is all about portlets and uncovering some brilliant ways of expressing things worthwhile mentioning... If you download Teradata Express 14, dont forget to read the configuration manual. The first section is dedicated to configuring Viewpoint 14 which would include the portlet you are looking for :)
Teradata Employee

Teradata Data Lab is included in the Teradata DB 14.0 Express VMware player edition. You will need to enable Viewpoint and configure Data Lab. Reference the Data Lab User Guide for information on the "Lab Group Setup" and "Data Labs" portlets.
Enthusiast

What I meant was, how to I get the Data Labs portlet for our production viewpoint? We are running with Teradata Viewpoint V14.00.00.00-b9, but there is no Data Labs portlet included.
Teradata Employee

Teradata Data Lab is a separately priced product offering so you will need to discuss with your Teradata account representative.
Teradata Employee

Hello. I have a problem with permissions. When I'm trying to add a new Lab group and I write a 'Parent database', I get the folowing message: 'You do not have permissions to create a lab group'. What's the problem? Thanks
Teradata Employee

Most likely your issue is that your associated Teradata login does not have the proper permissions for creating the necessary Database objects on the Teradata system. Data Lab has dependencies on your Viewpoint login as well as your Teradata login.
Teradata Employee

Thank you. I solve the problem. I've read in 'Teradata Data Lab User Guide' that the Teradata user that I use when I log into the 'Lab group Portlet' must have the following privileges: 'Create/Drop User and Table' and 'Create/Drop Roles with Grant'.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi gryback,

Very good article.

We have recently bought datalab on our site

view point version 14.01 on 13.10.

I have created a lab in a lab group and added couple users in Default Users Tab but usres are still not able to access the lab.

Does this required a role with all rights to full access the lab or just adding user to the lab is enough to gaet full access to the lab?

Please help me on this.

Thanks 

Teradata Employee

There has been user access fixes in both Data Lab 14.01.00,04 patch as well as the latest Data Lab 14,10 patch release. To determine which of the patch levels will solve your problem, you should work with your account team to submit a support incident to review the issue to ensure the right patch level will solve your issue.