Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

@gryback

OK, I will create a incident.

Thank you..!

Not applicable

Hi,

Can someone please let me guide from where can I download the Teradata vierw point?

Regards,

Nishit

Teradata Employee

There is no download solely for Viewpoint. Teradata Express versions have an embedded Viewpoint but it can only manage the associated Teradata DB Express version. 

Teradata Employee

Hi,

I have TD Express 14.10.01 SLES10 for VMware setup. I am able to login to Viewpoint. However, I cannot see the DataLab or Lab Group Setup portlet from the portlet library. Do I need to download/install something specific to have the DataLab portlets available in Viewpoint?

Kind regards,

Joy

Teradata Employee

Sorry but Data Lab was not included with the Express version of Viewpoint. We will consider adding it to a future Express release. 

Hi,

I use TD SQL assistant 14, could you tell me how can i get viewpoint??

Thanks for help.

Teradata Employee

I believe you received your answer in the Viewpoint forum from Dieter.

http://forums.teradata.com/forum/viewpoint/viewpoint-software

Tourist

I am new to Datalabs. After pre- creating a parent database of say 200GB. I move to viewpoint to create the lab group.  When populating the "Parent" database field the available space states 3.37GB. My initial viewpoint login is my lan account that has the Administrator role.  The account used in the Lab Group Setup is sysdba. So I do not think I have a permissions issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Teradata Employee

This honestly makes no sense that the "available space" in the Lab Group Setup portlet is different (and vastly) than what you allocated on the parent DB. I'm assuming you verified that there actually is 200GB free on this parent database directly and not that something was broken in the allocation or some other usage of the space? If so, please submit a support incident because we have not encountered an issue like this before.

Enthusiast

Gary,

Does any of the dbc dictionary tables store Data Labs name, Original Expiry date and new expiry date?

I am looking at one of Data Lab Lab_ABC

1) Lab_ABC was created on 2/4/2014 and expiration date as 4/5/2014.

2) Lab_ABC was extended till 7/4/2014 on 4/1/2014.

3) Lab_ABC was extended till 8/4/2014 on 7/1/2014.

My Labs portlet shows Lab_ABC expiration date as 7/4/2014 and when click on the date it shows expiry data as 8/4/2014.

This is causing confusion as some of the Lab owners are thinking their Labs are expired though it was extended.

Any insight on this will be very helpful.

Thanks!

Raj