Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Data Lab and Viewpoint 14.0 releases

I don't see anything related to this in any patch descriptions. As such, I'd recommend filing a Teradata services support incident for further analysis and resolution.

Enthusiast

Thanks Gary!

Enthusiast

Hello Gary,

We have an issue in viewpoint Data Lab. When we tried to add a user to an existing Lab, we got an error message saying, "Password has expired, please use MODIFY USER statement to generate a new password. So we have reset the lab user password in SQL Assistant and tried to add user again, but it is not working even. Any assistance would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

GD.

Teradata Employee

GD,

Please submit a support services incident for analysis and resolution.

Gary

Teradata Employee

Hello Gary,

When one create a DataLab Group, we only specify the "Allocated Space". This becomes the PERM Space for the Teradata User created for the newly created Lab Group. The same applies for the DataLabs created within a Lab Group wherein the Teradata Database created for the newly created DataLab are assigned PERM Space as per the Space granted to these Labs during the setup in Viewpoint. 

My Question: How is the Spool Space & Temp Space allocated for these Databases & Users. I confirmed these values aren't derived from DBC (Which is the Parent Database for Lab Group in our setup). 

Thanks,

Smarak

Teradata Employee

Had to check with engineering on this one as it is more of a Teradata DB internals question. Here's their response: The quotas for temp space and spool space are per user. So even if you are running a query against tables in a lab, you are using your own spool space and temp space. If we assigned temp space and spool space to the lab group user, it would only apply to the administrative queries that we run internally to manage the labs.