Teradata Viewpoint 13.11 released

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 13.11 released

Teradata documentation is available on the Teradata main web site as is the process and procedures for employment opportunities. You will need to apply there as the initial step. I would suggest adding comments that you have interest in the Viewpoint product.
Teradata Employee

If you are looking at Workload Designer and you are limited to filters and throttles, then I'm guessing you are trying to manage one of our 1xxx/2xxx Appliance platforms, for instance like a 2650. If so, this is working as designed.

yes working on 2580..

its on td13. can I create worklods with TDWM on 2580 box?
Teradata Employee

No, the 1xxx/2xxx appliances have a different workload management strategy where the prioritization and classifications are set and static. So there is no workload creation aspect as we utilize a RHML setup with classification by account string, for instance $R. This is why you are only seeing sessions, filters, and throttles.
Teradata Employee

At Query Monitor, If want to refresh the current session information, should be click only small refesh button ? too Small, and any more shotcut function (control + U) at teradata manager session information
Teradata Employee

Only viewpoint user working, but at the Capacity Heatmap View, AMP I/O Skew rate higher 50%, how can i making sense.
Teradata Employee

The Query Monitor refresh button refreshes instantly from the Viewpoint DCS. There is no other shortcut. I'm not sure I understand the question on Capacity Heatmap View.
Enthusiast

Hi, we have set up an alert when sessions are blocked more than n number of minutes. We now want to set up a separate alert with a different action set when our backup jobs are blocked. But I can't find a way to set up a blocking alert for a specific set of users? There is an "exclude these users" option, but not an "include these users"? Is there any way to get around this?
Teradata Employee

The first priority for the alerting infrastructure was to provide Teradata Manager feature equivalence. Teradata Manager offered the exclusion but did not have an inclusion option so that is a new feature request. It has been documented as a future implementation consideration.