Teradata Viewpoint 13.11 released

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 13.11 released

Create a GSC incident for the lack of CPU data.

The Capacity Heatmap has a thresholds bar for metrics where it makes sense. Its the button right next to the display button where the threshold can be adjusted which will then introduce coloring of the outliers.
Enthusiast

We are having an issue with spotlight ,It is not showing any queries executed in last 24 hours . It was working fine previously, can you provide us some pointers on the same < no filters are applied >
Teradata Employee

Check the thresholds in preferences to ensure you have actual exceptions to view. If you are seeing queries in Query Monitor, the Spotlight should work properly. For further investigation, I'd recommend contacting GSC support.
Enthusiast

Hi Greg,
We are on V14.01.00.02-b47 . Workload designer showing Unknown for the active rule set. Generally it should show the admin name or user who activated that but it showing the UKNOWN. I heard there is a JIRA opened on WL designer issues. Is this known bug or new one. Can you please share your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Geeta.
Teradata Employee

Geeta,

Not sure who you are referring to on the last post when you mention "Greg" but if you have concerns about a potential bug, this needs to go through the Teradata Support Services process.

Gary
Teradata Employee

Geeta,
There are 3 things that could be 'Unknown'; the ruleset name, activated at, and activated by.
The ruleset name could be unknown if, for whatever reason, we have the config id for the active ruleset, but have not been able to collect more data about it. The other two will happen for any ruleset which does not exist in 'Working' at the time of activation. This is because we only store metadata (activated by, activated time) for rulesets that are currently in Viewpoint.

Betsy
Enthusiast

Gary, sorry i was working on something else with the person name Greg. I referred the same name while posting this to you. Thank you for the response.

Betsy, I just want to undestand more from your response with the below ex, in any rule set which is in "Active" section, it will show the name of the rule set(21 TPT and 3 Atanasoft Exe 1.1), Activaed At ( 2/10/13 5:50:15 AM), Activated by (by admin).

Ex:
21 TPT and 3 Atanasoft Exe 1.1
Activated: 2/10/13 5:50:15 AM
by admin

Q1)From your response i didnt understand the below point, can you pleaes eloberate more on this?
The ruleset name could be unknown if, for whatever reason, we have the config id for the active ruleset, but have not been able to collect more data about it.

Q2)What you mean by the other two from below point
The other two will happen for any ruleset which does not exist in 'Working' at the time of activation. This is because we only store metadata (activated by, activated time) for rulesets that are currently in Viewpoint.
Teradata Employee

Geeta,

If the any of the data in the 'Active' section displays 'Unknown', it does not indicate a problem.

#1) Viewpoint displays information that is collected from Teradata, periodically. The id of the active ruleset, and the name of the ruleset are collected by different collectors. So, if one collector runs successfully, but the other doesnt, you could have missing data in the portlet. These are usually temporary problems, and fix themselves once the collector completes successfully.

#2) The time of activation, and the user who performed the activation, are stored in Viewpoint, not Teradata. If, e.g., the ruleset was never saved to Viewpoint, or was activated from outside of Workload Designer, then this information will not be available.

Hope that helps.

I'm afraid further explanations on this feature will move beyond the scope of a public forum, please contact Teradata Support if you need more assistance.
Enthusiast

Fantastic, thank you Betsy.
Enthusiast

Not sure whether i can ask this question here in this thread or not.
But just had a quick question aboutt he node down alert in Viewpoint.
We recently saw the node down (3-02) issue on our production box, we recieved an alert on the same. But after couple of days, another node went down (4-02) and the first down (3-02) came online. But still VP showing the same alert (with Subject of the email like this:[Alert] PRODUCTION - Node Down (Source: Viewpoint, Type: Node)

****Body of the email looks like this****
Event Timestamp: 2013-02-13T14:02:11.640-07:00

Proc ID=98
Node ID=3-02
Status=D
CPU Use=
Disk Use=
Network A Use=
Cic Use=
Disk Outage Request Average=
Disk IO=
Host IO=
Swaps=
Memory Failures=
Average Node CPU Usage=14.761381
Average Node Disk Usage=97.31792
System Network A Use=58.241455
Node CPU Skew=3.1299293

Description: (Status = D)

My question is, is there any way we can see the node name (or number) in the email, so that we can have some idea about the exact node which is down currently on the ssytem.

Thanks,
Geeta.