Teradata Viewpoint 14.01 Release

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 14.01 Release

Geeta,

No real impact other than making it cumbersome to navigate through. There is a delete option if you want to get rid of some that are no longer useful.

Gary

Enthusiast

Thank you Gary.
Enthusiast

hi Carrie/Gary,

I was looking at the metrics analysis portlet for wait IO. I can see AVG, MAX & MIN over there, I think i should consider the "AVG Wait CPU" as the right one instead of taking "MAX Wait CPU". I am trying to understand to match the VP display with SAR command output during that period. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And when i tried to export the data for one particular range, for ex: 07-19-2013 to 07-20-2013, it is exporting the data in to the .csv file, but when i open the file i can see the data for whole period from when we enabled the Viewpoint.

Thank you,

Geeta.

Teradata Employee

Geeta,

For the Metrics Analysis portlet, the available metric to use would be "Wait I/O CPU".

Export should only be exporting the data for the chosen duration in the Metrics Analysis header bar so for instance 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, etc even if you are using Rewind to look at a duration in the past. If you are exporting for a 1 day duration and it is bringing back more than one days worth of data, you should submit this as an incident for analysis. 

Enthusiast

Thanks Gary, i created an incident.

Enthusiast

Hi Gary,

I heard Viewpoint 2.0 will be announced @ Partners 2013, Dallas TX.

Is that advnaced version to 14.10?

Teradata Employee

Viewpoint 2.0 is more of an internal naming convention around a new Viewpoint foundation release. This will be released as the next Viewpoint version release but has a whole new look and feel. See more at Partners.

Enthusiast

Sure, eager to see the new one.

Thank you for the clue.

Geeta.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thank you for the nice article.

I wanted to know, is there any way to restrict ANSI session using viewpoint/TASM ?

I don't want to allow ANSI sessions into system. How can I achieve this via viewpoint or TASM ?

Teradata Employee

There is no direct way to do this but there are options (for instance querybanding) depending on your use case. In discussing with engineering, they recommended that you submit a support incident to drive a discussion on how best to handle what you are trying to accomplish.