Teradata Viewpoint 15.00 Release Article

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 15.00 Release Article

Did you mean Viewpoint 15.00 supports TD on SLES 11. If so yes it does. However, Viewpoint cannot run on SLES 11 OS so TD Express 15.0 SLES 11 instance doesnot have viewpoint. Check below for more details on TD Express 15.0 SLES 11 instance.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express/vmware

Teradata Employee

Mark,

You have all the information.. :-) 

Enthusiast

Hey Shrity,

Not sure i can ask this question here or not, actually i hav a situation where i need to copy the whole role setup, permissions, existing users for each role from OLD VP portal to NEW VP portal. Is there any automatic or quick way, instead of manually checking the settings in OLD VP portal and doing the same in NEW VP portal?

And on the same note, i just wanted to add my thought that if we have an option for each role to export the existing settings from Users, Portlets, Notifications, Metrics, Permissions tab  would be helpful.

Thanks,

Geeta.

Enthusiast

Ho yes !

it would be very very helpful, avoiding to ramble through windows to retrieve roles and portlets and permissions ...

Pierre

Teradata Employee

So, I have downloaded and installed TD Express 15.0 for VMware w/Viewpoint (SLES 10).

The install is fine, the database (TD 15) is fine and I can connect to it both from within the VM instance (guest) and from the Windows Host (Win7 clients).

I am able also able to execute the included start/stop Viewpoint Services program within VM. (says Viewpoint services are started).

I am not able to discover the URL (IP address) to allow me to connect to the Viewpoint server (Virtual?)

Please advise?

Mike

Do we build and run custom portlets in the same manner as before or is there a new toolkit that can be requested by opening a support case?

Teradata Employee

Yes, you will need new toolkit and you will need to make changes to your custom built portlet. Please contact your account team or local CSR to get access to new PDK details.

Will I be able to get mobile alerts on the failures? Please guide me with neccessary information. Thanks