Viewpoint Alert Details View able in Logs?

Viewpoint
Highlighted
Tourist

Viewpoint Alert Details View able in Logs?

Hey folks,

We have viewpoint 16.00 and was wondering if there was any way to see what the exact condition is of a DOWN condition? Is that information logged anywhere in a bit more detail other than the timestamp? We have the viewpoint user disabled from qrylog logging and I'm hesitent to turn it back on for what seems like a sporatic incident.

Reading the documentation there are three ways which it can be considered DOWN.

1. A canary query is enabled in the health equation and returns an error (such as a SQL parse exception or login failure).
  2. The System Heartbeat canary query is enabled in the health equation and fails to complete in under 60 seconds.
  3. Any other canary query is enabled in the health equation and fails to complete in under 30 minutes.

However I have the following set under Settings > Monitored Systems > System Health
1. The canary query is enabled but there is no logging.

2. The system heartbeat is view only.

3. We have disk space, max disk by amp and component down enabled. 

I guess I'm just asking are there any syslogs with more details or is the only choice to enable logging on viewpoint? What would be the minimal amount of logging to at least get the error text and duration?

Background is the system is up and running there appears to be a slight ~10 min gap in the metrics analysis and no other queries look out of wack from our qrylogs, nothing aborting abnormally aside from viewpoint.