I have been trying to download aster express but every link I find leads me to the discussion page instead of downloading it. Where is the download located?
Hi Hayes Hicken,
Thank you so much for your interest in Aster.
You may access the download aster express page by any of the following:
1. In the Data Science community page (http://data-science-community.teradata.com),
- hover on Learn -> Aster Analytics, or you may directly access it thru this link: Learn Aster Analytics
- hover on Learn -> Aster Analytics -> Download Aster Trial, or you may access it directly thru this link: Download Aster Trial
Please let us know if you have other concerns or questions.
Thank you for your patience!
I am trying to open AMC from chrome (192.168.100.100) , but it is not opening. Do I have to open both Queen and Worker VMwares, at the time of opening the browser. Also, whom to contact in such scenario. Thanks in advance..
The only versions of ADE I can find to download have ancient versions of Eclipse (3.5.1) that only supports Java 6. I need to write Java 7+ code.
Where can I download the latest ADE?
Thank you for your question about Aster Development Environment.
You will find ADE for Aster Database (6.20.x) as well as Aster Execution Engine for Aster-On-Hadoop (7.00.x) at this location of Developer's Exchange: http://downloads.teradata.com/download/aster/aster-development-environment
`These updated versions support:
Where can I download Teradata Aster container?
Thanks a lot.
Have dowloaded Aster and related software; Queen and Worker VM start fine but can't start the Aster Management Concole despite ignoring security warnings - any troubleshooting hints around starting AMC?
My apologies for not responding to this sooner, I have been heads down on a set of fire drills on a project. From what I am able to see in your VM settings it appears that your VM is not able to start successfully. The nCluster Services Cluster Services Launcher is not completing successfully. This process is what sets up the services needed to run Aster and the communication between the nodes. (In the Screenshot on page 2).
The internet connection is also failing with the worker node. It is showing 3 failures on the networking aspects,as well as another failure on the nCluster Services Cluster Services Launcher.
It appears that there is an issue with your network configuration and settings that is preventing the cluster networking aspects from starting. This will need to e resolved before the AMC can be utilized. The nCluster Services issue will also need to be resolved before the cluster can be utilized successfully.
For the Cluster Services issue please go to /primary/logs on the Queen VM and take a look at cluster.log, queenExec.log and sysmanExec.log to see if there are any errors in them.
For the internet settings, check the VM settings and make sure that the IP address is not currently in use by a diffrent VM or device. Also check to make sure that you are able to access the internet from within your VM. Settings may neeed to be tweaked, or the adapter configured to allow the internet connection to be used by your VM.
I have a quick question regarding Teradata to Aster Connector. We are doing some poc on UDA and we are using Aster Express (6.1) and Teradata database(15.10). Does tdsqla package is freely available to download or do we need purchase license?
I only see availability for Windows but I have VM Fusion 8 for all my other VMs. Is this version compatible? If not what are my options?
Looking for something more up to date. At work we are on 6.20 and I need a platform to test on that looks something like the work kit. Also would prefer backup and loader node options.
While firing up Aster express for the first time, the users are prompted to select one of the options "I moved it" " I copied it". What is the right option here?
The Aster Express Getting Started Guide. pdf says select "I copied it", but one of the presentations that I reviewed on the site says choose "I moved it".. I am confused.
I have a MacBook Running on OS-X El-Capitan. I would like to use ASTER on my Macbook but did not get any material on how do I go about it. Please advise..
I was able to crank up Aster on Mac, and this is how..
The steps are similar to windows but with minor changes
1. Download VMware Fusion (unfortunately there is no free version.. you can only download trial version for 30 days)
2. To unzip Aster Express download and use "The Unarchiver" from Appstore
3. Download Aster Express zip file
4. Once VMware, and Aster Express are downloaded and unzipped respectively, change Fusion network adapter configurations. You can have one adapter use NAT and another "Bridged" configuration
5. You need to change NAT configuration. In order to do that you need to run the following command on command prompt "sudo nano /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/networking"
See the following link for more info on how to change NAT configuration
6. The IP address in Vmnet8 (NAT) should be set to 192.168.100.1
7. Save the configuration and then fire up the VM
8. Import Queen and Worker images onto VM and then start them in order (Queen followed by Worker)
9. You can then use AMC to activate nodes
Rest is same as Windows